Since 2005, we have secured the land at the Village, built a main house that can provide accommodations for 8 young adults, built an art workshop and a heated garage.
At the initiative of our donors, we drew up plans for three additional homes. However, at this time, the cost of construction is prohibitive. If funding becomes available, we will move forward on this development.
If you have any ideas, information or opportunities - help us! Let's build a Village together!
Thanks to a significant donation in 2010 from the company Electronic Arts, made in honor of their tenth anniversary of the game, The SIMS, we finally were able to bring gas to the Village. Now children can live at the main home year round. Next Christmas, we will gather in the home and celebrate as a family!
DIEMA’S DREAM Village created exclusively by private and corporate donations.
We are often faced with the fact that the lack of infrastructure appropriate tor people with disabilities leads to the social isolation and creates difficulties for their families. There is an acute housing problem.
Graduates of correctional schools and boarding schools that do not have the support of parents and relatives are forced to move from the children's orphanages at the age of 18 to live in nursing homes. People with severe and multiple disabilities do not have employment opportunities nor self-actualization .
State and municipal Social Protection Institutions are not suitable for family living arrangements. However, like any person, orphans and disabled people have a need for family comfort and care. It is very important to their mental health.
International law provides that the disabled child under the category of our target group has the same rights as other people.
- to proper medical care and treatment, education, training, rehabilitation and protection to enable then to develop their skills and maximize opportunities;
- to maintenance;
- a satisfactory standard of living.
- Young disabled adult - 40 persons or more.
- Families with disabled children - 5 families or more.
To build a residential complex, Diema's Dream Village, of family homes that are appropriate to the needs of people with severe and multiple developmental disabilities to provide for their full accommodation, rehabilitation and socialization.
- Build three additional homes, taking into account the special needs of young people with disabilities.
- Built a therapy center.
- Create opportunities for hippo therapy.
- Development a farm for the young people to learn to work together and develop skills.