Purpose of the project – to give the children with special needs (disabled children) the opportunity of further development by the meansof the elements of everyday activity.
Results of the project
We can consider this project to be successful in general as almost all of the planned actions were fulfilled; the children with derangements advanced in their development; the unique method “Development of a special child by the means of the elements of everyday activity” was worked out and described.
- Material and technical basis (equipment) of the classroom has been improved.
- Psychological conditions needed to conduct the classes on a social adaptation
and integration through everyday activity have been created.
- After children were diagnosed their individual development schedule and time-table of the classes were drawn up.
- Socially psychological assistance to a child in other institutions has been rendered.
- Most of the children participated in the project have the positive development dynamics.
Accomplishment of correctional and pedagogical goals:
Skills to form:
- Ability to focus attention on the showed objects.
- Adequate reaction to a variety of objects in the classroom.
- Ability to learn the ways of handling the objects.
Contents of the work:
i. Learning some natural free-flowing materials: sand, pebble, stone crumbs, buckwheat and peas.
ii. Implementation of single actions with the materials: placing, mixing, filling, strewing in different ways.
iii. Usage of the objects with attractive sensory effects: a mill, a funnel, the bowls made of different materials.
iv. Imitation of single actions with the character toys: undressing, lulling, feeding and so on.
v. A child can pick any subject and bring it to the table, and the teacher will sequentially propose the different ways of the action.
- Ability to interact with the people around.
- Motivation as a component of communication.
- Habits of tidiness and self-service capability.
- Development of fine motors skills.
- Sensory and perceptive development.
Functions to form:
1. Integral perception.
3. Gestural and verbal communication.
4. Playing actions.
5. Watch-and-repeat ideation.
Contents of the work:
1) Processual actions with a doll:
cooking, feeding, washing, treatment, putting to bed, laundry and ironing of the doll clothes.
2) The work with sand that included following methods:
organizing a work place, sifting the sand, separating and sorting admixtures, pouring water, kneading, forming, turning upside-down, decorating, splitting.
3) The work with plastic materials (plasticine, paste): kneading, rolling out, squashing, cutting, modeling, appliqués, uttering sounds in time.
4) The work with liquids:
Filling bowls with water (using or not using a funnel), decanting, sensory games with mills, sensory games with tinctured water.
Implementation of the sequence of actions which can be described as an elementary technological process.
Functions, skills and qualities:
1. Ability to cooperate
2. Ability to accept the help
6. Watch-and-repeat ideation.
7. Elementary mathematical ideas.
8. Broadening of mental outlook.
Contents of the work:
1) Forming of self-service skills:
laundry, drying, ironing of the doll’s clothes.
all actions needed to make the bed, including putting a pillow into a pillow-case and thrusting a blanket into a blanket slip; clearing a table, washing a floor.
milling of different sorts of cereals (buckwheat, millet, oats) to turn them into flour, dressing of wheat flour, mixing the flour with water, shaking up watery batter, rolling out thick dough, molding cookies with mincing machine, making pancakes.
II. Continuation of the project.
To logically finish this study course we have recently started its closing part: Level 5. At this level children familiarize themselves with technological processes, including the work with different food substances and materials using mechanical and electric devices:
- cooking easy dishes and baking,
- working with woolen cloth, fabric, sewing,
- improving self-services skills.
Conducting the classes with children within the project we face the necessity to collaterally develop some mental operations. The project specialist has started forming of the elementary mathematics ideas, working with the kids ready for this level.
Owing to the United Way Organization support to equip the classroom our specialist was permitted to realize the adapted method of constructing phonetic system and teaching to read.
Basing on the idea of the improvised staging of fairy tales we think about the possibility to arrange a musical theater where kids could play the parts themselves instead of using toys.